2016 Chevrolet Cruze Release Date, Diesel, Price, MPG – For 2016 model year, the Cruze will come with a brand new engine and a restyled body along with a likelihood of an 8-speed transmission system as well as hatchback and coupe models. Apart from the expected novelties, the good news is that the new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze will be a little longer and roomier within.
Unfortunately, the bad news is that it won’t be here for a while. General Motors has made it known that additional engineering works will have to delay a little bit by one year. It is imperative to note that the Cruze model is the best-selling car worldwide, so we shouldn’t expect a major departure from what we are used to.
Exclusive spy photos we have reveal the same greenhouse and basic proportions as the current model in the market, but with a slight aerodynamic styling on Cruze’s classic angles. With a slightly longer wheelbase, would-be users should expect an increased rear seat space – is one of the current model’s drawbacks, admittedly.
A peak at the powerplant specs reveal that the top trims of the new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze will continue to be offered in standard 6-speed auto transmission system, while lower trim models will get a 6-speed manual. Finally, as Chevrolet looks to grow its small-car momentum, both coupe and hatchback versions will become distinct possibilities for the United States market.
Price & Release Date – 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
According to well-placed sources, the new Chevrolet Cruze 2016 is set to begin production before the fall of this year and go for sale the following spring.
Exterior Changes & Interior Colors for the New 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
Some of the important highlights for the new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze will include the following:
- A light weight body. To start with, the new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze is a whopping 250lbs. lighter than the model it is replacing. Also, it is longer and therefore, offers more passenger and cargo volume. We must admit that it is quite impressive to be able to shed that amount of weight from a car this size, especially for a model that adds space, features and more safety components. With a lightweight body, you should expect lower costs, higher fuel economy ratings, snappy performance, and better handling.
- Increased passenger room and comfort. The Cruze’s roomier interior and longer wheelbase should make it a leader. The vehicle has now added 2” of rear legroom. Also, Cruze’s wheelbase measuring 106.3” compares to Mercedes CLA 250.
- Technology Upgrades. In terms of equipment technology, Cruze looks like a leader out of the gates, unleashing built-in Apple Carplay and Android Auto as well as 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Safety Features. The new Chevrolet Cruze will come with tons of safety systems and driver aides which will include cross-traffic alert and blind-spot monitoring. Also, lane-keeping assist will aid the driver in wandering out of the lane, and to avoid frontal collisions will be the driver alerts. Another standard equipment will be a back-up camera.
- Fuel Economy ratings. According to Chevy, the highway ratings will be rated at 40 mpg, but it will have to improve the ratings in order to remain competitive in the market. The new 1.4L turbocharged drivetrain yields up to 150 horsepower and 177 pounds of torque.
- Exterior Styling. Undeniably, the previous model has attractive, but rather traditional looks. The new model breaks the mold with a fresh new look. It is 2.7” longer, 1” less and 1” less tall than the outgoing model.
Engine Specs – 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
Most likely, a 1.5L 4-cylinder engine from General Motors’ new Ecotec engine family will replace the currently used 1.8L base engine. Despite being smaller, the new turbocharged 4-cylinder engine shouldn’t encounter any hurdles in topping up the current output of 138 hp.
As already mentioned, there will be a new 1.4L engine capable of yielding around 150 hp and 177 pounds of torque. Another likely engine is the 1.6L diesel engine that will be geared towards battling established players like the VW Golf and Jetta diesel engines, especially for those who want a hybrid powerplant. The greatest challenge will be how to improve on a fuel rating above 43 mpg for the purposes of beating the VWs.
Wheelbase: 106.3 in
Length: 183.7 in
Width: 70.5 in
Passenger volume: N/A
Cargo volume: 15.0 ft³
Curb weight: 3084 lbs
Top Speed: 125 mph
0-60: 8.0 sec
MPG: 29/41 (city/highway)
Available Exterior Colors: Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White…
Towing Capacity: N/A